Society of Garden Designers
WHAT IS THE SOCIETY OF GARDEN DESIGNERS?
The Society of Garden Designers (SGD) has been championing excellence in garden and landscape design for over 35 years. It is the only professional association for garden designers in the UK and is dedicated to supporting, promoting and maintaining the highest quality of standards within the membership. It counts some of the UK’s leading garden and landscape designers among its membership, including Tom Stuart-Smith MSGD, Dan Pearson MSGD, Sarah Eberle FSGD, Cleve West MSGD, Charlotte Rowe MSGD and Anne-Marie Powell MSGD, and welcomes members from the UK and overseas.
Through its strict accreditation procedures, conferences, award-winning Garden Design Journal and regional groups, the Society of Garden Designers engages with the wider professional industry and broadens the understanding and practice of all aspects of garden design.
WHAT ARE THE SGD AWARDS?
The Society of Garden Designers’ Awards is an annual awards programme designed to recognise and reward outstanding achievement in the garden and landscape design profession. They are the only awards dedicated solely to landscape and garden design in the UK, and are open to members of the SGD only. Award categories reflect the wide areas of expertise and the businesses of our membership. A panel of judges drawn from experts across the profession will be working with the Society to select the winning designs and the awards will be presented at a ceremony in London in February 2019.
SPONSOR BENEFITS FOR THE SGD AWARDS
• The opportunity to be associated with design excellence in the garden and landscape design profession.
• The opportunity to reach the leading garden designers in the UK and meet the garden design talent of the future.
• Branding on SGD Awards marketing and promotional materials and website and inclusion.
• Inclusion in the Awards brochure including a quarter page advertisement.
• Inclusion in the Society’s flagship magazine Garden Design Journal.
• Associated media coverage and publicity surrounding the SGD Awards.
• Corporate hospitality and networking opportunities at the SGD Awards Ceremony.
• Depending on the package chosen; an agreed number of tickets to the SGD Awards Ceremony. Further tickets are available to purchase subject to availability.
• Your representative will present the Award you are sponsoring. Your company will be introduced by the Awards’ host alongside a promotional graphic with your company logo
and a brief statement about your company when you join him to present the Award you are sponsoring. (Award category sponsors only) Please note benefits may vary slightly from the above dependant on the type & grade of sponsorship selected please enquire.
As well as the above, Drinks Reception Sponsor benefits include
• Branding at the entrance to the Awards reception
• Branding within the drinks reception venue
• Opportunities to further promote your brand within the reception venue
Twitter Wall Sponsor benefits
• Announcement of sponsorship at the event
• Branding on the main screens during dinner alongside Twitter updates
Award categories & sponsorship grades:
• The SGD Grand Award & Headline Sponsor G1
• The Lifetime Achievement Award G2
• International Award G3
• Public or Commercial G3
• Large Residential G3
• Medium Residential G3
• Small Residential G3
• Garden Jewel G3
• Roof Garden G3
• Big Ideas Small Budget G3
• Fresh Garden G3
• Planting Design G3
• Hard Landscape G3
• Paper Landscapes G3
• Judges Award G3
• Historic Garden Restoration - biennial award restarting 2019 G3
• Student Designer Award - Commercial & Domestic G4
• Healing, Learning & Community Spaces G4
• People’s Choice (with H&G)
• Drinks Reception G2
• Table Sponsor G4
• Twitter Wall G5
• Event decoration
Cost of sponsorship 2019
Please contact the SGD Awards Office to discuss
The SGD Awards are proud to continue their association with media partner Homes and Gardens.
The Awards are widely promoted across the year through the SGD’s award-winning monthly Garden Design Journal, with a professional audience of 4,000 garden designers. Further editorial coverage will run in the Journal in the months leading up to the awards. In addition, the Awards will be promoted in the SGD e-newsletter, website and marketing materials.
A PR campaign to promote the Awards to the national media will also be undertaken including regular Social Media activity.
Previous sponsors of the SGD Awards include
• Landform Consultants
• CED Stone Group
• Deepdale Trees
• Harrod Horticultural
• David Harber
For more information or to book one of our sponsorship opportunities please contact the SGD Awards administration office firstname.lastname@example.org